Wednesday, 18.4., Thursday, 19.4.
The concept of this work is based on language and forms of communication. Martiroyan´s contribution to FAR OFF will be a site-specific installation where language is used as a material and mixes with the spoken word of the present time.
For me it is significant, how bygone forms of expression during a live conversation can be transformed in time and be recreated newly. Each person is a „language collage“ onto which the recorded, historical material will be added.
Image: 1500 words from the Oxford dictionary. For me it is a symbol of the pure module of linguistic material, wherein all forms of texts and conversations already exist.
- Date of birth: January 27, 1991
- Place of birth: Republic of Armenia, Gyumri
- Nationality: ArmenianEducation:
- 2004-2009 Children’s Art School
- 2009-2012 Belorussian State University, Faculty of Object-space Environment Design
- 2012-2013 Yerevan State Academy of Fine arts . Faculty of Graphics
• 2012 “Between Mountains and Sea” Exhibition in the Frames of Gyumri 8th International Biennial, Gyumri, Armenia
• 2014 Art festival “Imag(in)ing The Future”, The Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art: ACCEA “NPAK”, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2014 Exhibition “Gyumri Living Art”, Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia
- 2014 Armenian & Japanese Contemporary Art Exhibition, Gallery 25, Armenia
- 2014 Exhibition “[in order] to live”, Dalan Art Gallery, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2014 One Caucasus Art Festival, Tserakvi, Georgia
- 2015 First International “ART Expo’15” Yerevan’s Hay Art Cultural Center, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2015 Solo project, light installation “Parda” Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia
- 2015 Exhibition 25G25 , 25 years German Reunification, Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia
- 2016 International Art and Music festival „Hearing Art Seeng Sound- HASS“ The Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art: ACCEA “NPAK”, Yerevan, Armenia
- 2016 Solo exhibition “North” Gallery 25, Gyumri, Armenia
- 2016 Installation View “the tide is coming”, in the frame of Art Residencies Transcultural ArtLab, Juist Northen sea, Germany
- 2017 Exhibition “Human Planet”, «Depo» Gallery, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2017 Project «Tarara», Triennial of Concemporary Art in Armenia,“The Mount Analogue“, Yerevan, Armenia, (collaboration with artist Marta Dell’Angelo).